Today we had a pre-Kandalore meeting with our Intermediate students. Lots of information was given, and lots of great questions were asked. A few key points that you might need to know before the paperwork comes home tomorrow:
- the trip will be an overnight trip from Monday, September 22-Wednesday, September 24. Students will not be able to bring sleeping bags/suitcases/bags on buses, so please make arrangements to drop your child off at the appropriate times. We will be leaving by 9:30 on Monday, so students can arrive at school at the regular time (any time after 9 am), and we will be returning by 3:35 on Wednesday.
- ANY medication that a student takes must be accompanied by a form that you will receive with your Kandalore paperwork that gives school staff permission to administer medication. This form MUST be signed by a doctor with appropriate medication administration information. Medication includes prescription drugs, over-the-counter products (e.g., allergy medication, advil, etc.), vitamins, etc. If your child does not have a form signed by a doctor, please do not send him or her with the medication.
- all paperwork will be handed out tomorrow (Friday, September 5)
- students will be strongly encouraged to leave personal devices (including cell phones and iPods, etc.) at home. If devices are brought on the trip, they are the responsibility of the students and neither Fieldcrest nor Kandalore will compensate students if their devices are lost, stolen, or damaged. Students are aware that cabins do NOT have locked doors, and that another school will be at camp while we are there.
- if finances are an issue for your family, and you still would like your child to attend camp, please contact the office to make arrangements that will suit you and your family.
- please make sure that you and your child sign all areas of the paperwork (students will need to sign at least two of the sheets in the paperwork).
- there will be a Kandalore Information Night at Fieldcrest in our library at 5:30pm on Tuesday, September 9. The Kandalore director will be attending to answer any questions that you may have. The meeting will last approximately 30-45 minutes.
We will pass on more information about our trip in the next two weeks. We hope to have record numbers of students attending this year, as this trip is one of the most rewarding and FUN trips the students will have in their elementary years.
If you have any questions, please contact Mrs. Davis or me at any time.
Have a great evening,