I hope you had a great long weekend! We are looking forward to students coming back, refreshed and ready for a great month!
The remainder of this month has a few activities that you should be aware of:
Global Dignity Day on Wednesday, October 15
- for more information about Global Dignity Day, please visit http://www.globaldignity.org/view/global-dignity-day
HPV shots for girls on Thursday, October 23
- paperwork has gone home and must be returned whether or not your child will be receiving these needles. For more information, please visit http://www.health.gov.on.ca/en/ms/hpv/immunize.aspx
Mr. Shank from BDHS visiting on Friday, October 24
- Mr. Shank (our grade 8 liaison from Bradford High) will be visiting students to talk to them about their upcoming visit to BDHS; he will also be bringing some former falcons to talk about their experiences in high school so far.
PA Day on Monday, October 27
- staff will be at Fieldcrest this day, but students are not
Dance-a-thon on Friday, October 31
- two forms will be coming home - one that gives permission for students to attend the dance (which must be returned, whether your child is going or not), and a pledge form on which students can record donations
- all donations go to our school library and go toward updating our library's selection of books for students of all ages.
*students will be presenting their Phys. Ed. games of low organization over the next several weeks. The schedule is:
Mon. Oct. 20 - Brody, Simon, Jasjit, Taha, Malcolm
Mon. Oct. 20 - Justin, Kathlyn, Sandra, Ashley
Thurs. Oct. 23 - Davis, Mitchell, Yash, Sajeetan
Thurs. Oct. 23 - Dhanvin, Reuben, Rohan, Christopher C
Tues. Oct. 28 - Angus, Tyrese, Andy, Nat
Tues. Oct. 28 - Ethan, Maks, Muhammed, Liam
Fri. Oct. 31 - Somaya, Shreya, Kris-Anne
Fri. Oct. 31 - Owen, Nick, James, Chris L
Tues. Nov. 4 - Kayla, Amanda, Morgan R, Madi
Tues. Nov. 4 - Nelie, Jewell, Bella, Jannany
Fri. Nov. 7 - Meadow, Julia, Hailey, Janabi
Fri. Nov. 7 - Ryan, AJ, Mackenzie, Morgan G, Deyshawn
BDHS Grade 8 Visit on Wednesday, November 5
- students will walk over to BDHS and participate in simulated rotary that will introduce them to what a typical high school day might be like
There are always things to be added, but this sums up the next few weeks nicely!
Have a great evening,
Miss Skelton :)